Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hello again

Well, it has been quite a while since I have posted. But then it's been a busy summer. Not a great summer, mind you. It has been cold and damp all summer. Really, there have only been a handful of days that were nice and only one or two that have been "beautiful".

That said, I have been busy fishing and camping in our little trailer. I have also resumed backpacking and have been going on hikes. It is great to get out and be outdoors, even if the weather is not the greatest.

I find it odd, though that there are people who go hiking with I-pods. To me, there is nothing better than the sounds of nature. Birds, the wind in the trees, the sound of a creek. I know, I know, that sounds so typical, but it is true. I can't understand why people want to shut that out with their toons.

Obviously, there are times when music comes in handy-at a crowded campsite, after a long day on the trail, etc. But for me, when I am backpacking, I want to hear the outdoors.

No comments: