Tuesday, April 1, 2008

After college

After college I continued my studies. I read many books and listened to many tape programs. I meditated and work my way to a major impasse.

All of the texts said the way to enlightenment was to lose the self. This was a problem because I kept thinking that it meant I would lose "me" my personality. the part of me that makes "me" me.

As a result, I could not get past the fear that I would "cease to exist" if I went further. I stopped working on the path for many years. Then, I suddenly became inspired to get back on the path.

Soon, I found a new resource. A program (like many, this guy no longer is around) that actually helped me. As a result of this program I became self aware. I "woke up" and have been awake ever since (going on 15 years).

Since then, I have not been the same. My blog will discuss these changes and a lot of the stuff I learned over the years. I hope it helps you.

No comments: