Thursday, April 3, 2008

Knowledge and knowing

I have been talking about knowledge-just how do we know and why is it important.

For me, knowledge is not something static. I am always learning new things. Being enlightened does not me you know everything-only that you know the most important thing, which is who you really are.

Once you have done that, you see the world and everything around you differently. However, there is still much to learn.

There are some who suggest that once you are enlightened, there in no need for any further learning. One is content with oneself and the universe. However, it is not like that for me. I am curious as to why we are the way we are. Also, like I said a few posts ago, when we arrive, we "forget" our true nature. I have been working on why that is to better understand.

Since my enlightenment I have learned a lot about the past and why things are as screwed up as they are. I still have many questions and an constantly astounded by what some people say and do, but that comes with the territory.

Back to history. Why is Plato and his thinking important? Well, for me, it is important because it shows that Eastern philosophy is not limited to the east. In fact, "Eastern" philosophy is not all that special.

It also illustrates the issue at hand-knowing and awareness.

more later......

No comments: